Important Announcement to PCIC Brokers in The PhilippinesDear All,
In light of the Enhanced Community Quarantine implemented on the whole island of Luzon effective from March 17th, Pacific Cross Insurance Company and International Administrators Limited would like to inform you of the following updates relating to our operational logistics.
Please see below and note carefully:
- The mailing of hard copy claim documents and checks (both USD and Peso) will be suspended until further notice
- Claim files will be processed as usual and claim payments made in methods other than a check will continue to be done as usual
- Brokers will continue to receive a copy of the claim advice forms such as CSR and Letter of Request for Medical Information (i.e. pending letter) as usual. However, brokers will need to follow up with their clients to ensure these files have been received by the client during the period in which mailing of documents is suspended
Regarding Applications/Policy changes/Enquiries:
- Current logistics remain, but original forms can be sent by post once the Enhanced Community Quarantine ends.
- When policy documents/endorsements are ready, a soft copy (together with a copy of the card where applicable) will be sent to the broker. New outpatient cards, which are currently printed in Manila, will be sent by post after the Enhanced Quarantine ends.
We are doing our best to stay safe and healthy during this time while adhering to public health requirements as stipulated by government in the areas we do business.
We trust you and your colleagues are doing the same and we hope for your understanding in the face of any inconvenience.
We wish you the best and good health!
Pacific Cross Insurance
International Administrators Limited